Motivation for losing weight starts to wane right around the time the weight starts coming off slower. The scale isn’t the most accurate measurement of fat loss, especially if you’re building muscle, but that feeling of your clothes fitting exactly the same isn’t welcome.
Don’t lose motivation! You’re on the right track, but maybe you’re missing something. Some of the following reasons are the most common for stagnation in weight loss.
- Not Drinking Enough Water! Water consumption helps rid your body of toxins and things your body no longer needs. You should be drinking at minimum half of your body weight in ounces of water (Example: 150 lb. person should be drinking at least 75 ounces of water per day). Not drinking enough water causes your body to actually retain water so your cells can properly function. If you drink enough, your body won’t try to store it and in turn make you feel bloated.
- Not Eating Enough! When a person doesn’t consume enough calories, your body tries to store the food consumed because it doesn’t know where its next food source will come from. Eating whole unprocessed foods creates a surge in your metabolism; so don’t be afraid to eat! Protein is vital in fat loss. It’s needed to build muscle, and the more muscle in your body, the more calories you will burn at rest!
- Not Getting Enough Sleep! Sleep is where your body rebuilds itself and repairs muscles. If you’re tired, you are more likely to become hungry and overindulge in food. 7-8 hours is what is recommended for adults.
- Overtraining! If you’re not taking a rest day or two, you are actually doing yourself a disservice! Resting helps keep your body healthy and injury free. It also keeps cortisol levels from soaring too high and creating a state of fat retention in your body.
- Not Changing Your Workout! It’s important to confuse your muscles and keep your workouts from becoming routine. If your body is used to a workout, you have to change it up, or your body will stop responding.
For more recipe and fitness ideas: www.facebook.com/ChelseaJayneCheekyChelFit