First impressions last, and one of the best ways you can make an impact is through the way you dress and look. Whether you like it or not, it is often through the way you look that others perceive your personality. Your manner of dressing often speaks a lot about yourself, and you have to project a positive image to those who look at you.
This article gives you some tips on how you can ace your power dressing with designer clothing from The Volte, so that you can impress wherever you are.
1. Create a balance when trying to show skin
If you are dressing up for the office, as much as possible, you should stay away from any outfit that shows too much skin. Keep it conservative, as showing off skin is for another occasion. If you are dressing for a party where you can be more liberal with the skin that you’d like to show off, make sure that you create an equal balance. For example:
• If you are showing skin on the top, stay decent on the bottom. If you are planning to show off your legs, keep your top wrapped up as well.
• If you are not comfortable with showing off skin, then do not. Even if you are going out to a night party, you do not have to pressure yourself to fit in and be like all the other women who might have confidence in doing the same.
When dressing for a party or work, keep this general rule in mind: always dress up one or two levels better than you usually would on a casual day.
2. Ask about the dress code of your company
If you are looking for tips on how to dress up for your job, the very first thing that you should do is to ask about the dress code of your company. You wouldn’t want to walk into your first day of work unwittingly going against the company’s dress code. In this manner, you can also make a great first impression by fitting in the work environment that you are going to belong to, rather than standing out in the wrong way.
Here are ways for you to ask about the dress code of the company:
• Keep in mind the clothing requirements that the company asked you to come in for your interview, as this dress code will also most likely be the same dress code of the company.
• If there was no specification during your interview, ask the human resource manager, as they can help you with the same.
• If you know anyone who has already been employed with the company for a long time, you can ask this person as well.
3. Keep your shoes clean
No matter how beautiful or expensive your clothes are, if your shoes are dirty, this will still make a negative impact. It’s really all about the details, and you should be conscious enough about all the little things. Mind you, even if the rest of your outfit looks clean and neat, if you step into their clean office with your dirty shoes, you will make a negative impact. It is imperative, therefore, that you keep your shoes clean as a part of your daily routine.
4. Keep the color of your suits safe
Whether you are a man or a woman, if you are not comfortable with being adventurous with your colors, it is best for you to play it safe instead. Dressing up in a bright yellow or red suit can only work for those who have the confidence in doing the same. Dark blue, black or cream suits are the safest way to go. Have at least one in each of these colors, and you will already be safe for your work attire, or if you suddenly have a formal business event to attend to. Invest in a well-tailored suit, as this can instantly up your power dressing game.
To play things up a little bit, you can play with colors through your inner blouse if you are a woman. If you are a man, you can play with colors through your necktie.
5. Always fit the clothes before you buy one
Before you make a final choice as to the clothing that you are going to buy, be sure to fit the same. No matter how beautiful or fashionable a piece of clothing may be, if you are not confident in wearing the same, you will not look good in it. For example, you will look like a mess if you always have to pull your skirt down simply because you aren’t used to wearing one. Above anything else, comfort and confidence are the best factors to help you look and dress impressively.
The most important thing for you to remember when dressing up is to know your personal sense of style. It is your own style that will set you apart from others, and this is how you can create an image of yourself. Keep it simple, classy, and wear your best dose of confidence wherever you go.