California summers are known to be hot, and nothing sounds better than ice cream on a hot day…unless you’re trying to shrink the waistline! A scoop of ice cream can pack as many as 600 calories, but this sweet treat will be kind to both your waistline and taste buds!
These were originally made for the fourth of July, but they are just as delicious a few weeks later. You can substitute the ingredients for your favorite berries, or even combine all of the berry flavors (for a two layer pop). These treats are less than 100 calories a Popsicle, and made with all natural stevia and the natural sugar from the berries.
1 small carton of raspberries
2 large Lemons (zested and squeezed; divided)
1 small carton Blueberries
1 small carton Black berries
1.5 cups 0% fat Plain Greek Yogurt
6 Tbsp. Coconut Cream (canned is best)
1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
4 Packets of Stevia
Popsicle Sticks (if using muffin pans) or Popsicle molds
- Combine blueberries, blackberries, 1 packet of stevia, juice of one lemon, and zest in a food processor/blender until smooth.
- Pour layer into Popsicle mold or a greased muffin pan and freeze for about 25 minutes until layer is firm.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek Yogurt, Coconut cream, 2 packets of Stevia, and Vanilla Extract.
- Spoon layer into Popsicle mold or muffin pan over the BLUE layer that has firmed up in the freezer.
- Freeze for another 25 minutes or so, until the layer has firmed up.
- Combine strawberries, raspberries, 1 pack of stevia, juice of one lemon, and zest in a food processor/blender until smooth.
- Pour layer into Popsicle molds or a muffin pan over the WHITE layer and freeze. (If using a Popsicle mold, make sure you insert the tops. If using muffin pan, make sure to insert the Popsicle sticks before freezing the last layer.)
For more recipe and fitness ideas: www.facebook.com/ChelseaJayneCheekyChelFit