Summer is here and we know what that means: beach excursions, pool days, warm weather, higher humidity, and all-around outside fun! Although the summer is meant to be carefree, we need to take extra steps to care for our skin in the brighter conditions. Follow these tips for the 5 most common skin inconveniences for the best results on your summer skin.
1. Breaking out from sunscreen – Try a mineral sunscreen; the active ingredient should be zinc oxide or titanium oxide because they sit on top of your skin, rather than getting absorbed and clogging pores.
2. Razor Burn – It happens to us all, but nothing is worse than wearing that super cute new bikini with a case of razor burn. Apply a thin coat of non-prescription hydro-cortisone cream and try to keep out of the sun until it is healed.
3. Dead, dry skin – Exfoliating os one of the most important things to remember, especially with sun-kissed skin. Scrubbing gently will remove dead and dulling skin debris to prevent your pores from clogging.
4. Dry, white patches – It’s important to keep your skin hydrated in the summer months. Intense masques two times a week and a toning moisturizer 1 – 2 times daily will help make your skin an even tone. Keep a toner spritz in your purse for midday revitalizing.
5. Stay hydrated – It’s not only important to keep your skin hydrated, but your body as well. A toxic free body enhances and promotes healthy skin. Try to drink at least 8 – 12 glasses of water daily.