The BPM Festival itself has become a go-to place for the finest artists and most clued-up clubbers each New Year. Playing out on Playa Del Carmen’s world-class beaches, it’s a place to relax and recuperate in the company of some of house, techno and electro’s essential artists and has been a key date on the dance music calendar for Art Department & No.19 Music for many years.
The mix kicks off with a brace of tracks from German producer Oskar Offerman and sets off a wonderfully deep-seated groove in the process. From there it’s a perfectly programmed and tightly woven selection that touches on deftly tousled house from Deniz Kurtel, tracky tech from Boris Horel and plenty of celestial melodies of the sort that have you looking to the sky.
Of course nothing will compare with being at the festival itself, but the captivating ‘BPM001 mixed by Art Department’ is about as close as you will get to the experience without leaving the comfort of your own hood.
‘BPM001 mixed by Art Department’ is out January 27, 2014 on No. 19 Music.
‘BPM001 mixed by Art Department’ Tracklisting:
01. Oskar Offerman – You Said Party, I Said Maybe (Dub)
02. Oskar Offerman & Edward – What Have We Become
03. Maher Daniel & Jon Charnis – Lonely Stars In Open Skies (Luca Bacchetti Remix)
04. Tenwalls – Requiem
05. Deetron – Character
06. Deniz Kurtel – Deepression
07. Boris Horel – Wild Combinations
08. Baikal – Why Don’t Ya (Ripperton Remix)
09. Louie Fresco – Arabian Sexcapade
10. Art Department – Sun Comes Up (Mind Against 909 Remix)
11. Eric Volta – Love Your Illusion
12. VCMG – Single Blip (Mathew Jonson Remix)
13. Marcus Worgull & Peter Pardeike – Lenoix
14. Eric Volta featuring Gretz – Blood Burgundy (My Eyes Are Open)
The BPM Festival 2014
January 3 – 12, 2014
Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Mexico