For those who love cameras, photography, or anything related, there are high chances that you have come across high tech imaging gadgets known as thermal cameras. If you are among those who have not, thermal cameras are sophisticated gadgets that use heat signatures to view objects, even those that are behind obstacles/walls. That is why they are heavily used in firefighting and house inspection. Speaking of house inspections, a lot of people usually have trouble picking the right infrared thermal camera for such a job. Well, we are here to help you. Here are some of the best high-resolution infrared thermal cameras for the home inspection.
- FLIR E8 Thermal Imaging Camera
This fantastic thermal imaging device has earned a name for itself in the market when it comes to home inspections. Its impressive features are some of the reasons why it is highly regarded. Here are some of the features of the FLIR 8 compact thermal gadget;
- The device comes with two in-built cameras- One of the cameras is a visible light digital camera that comes with 3.1 megapixels. The other camera is an infrared one that captures thermal images. Both of these powerful cameras work together to ensure that you can inspect water pipes, electrical cables, among other amenities in the house with ease.
- 3 inch LCD Display Screen- you can use the screen at the front of this infrared scanning device to locate structural issues and other problems hidden behind the house’s walls.
- High Thermal Sensitivity- with the FLIR thermal inspecting device, you get to enjoy high thermal sensitivity at <0.6 degrees Celsius.
2. Perfect Prime IR0018 Thermal Infrared imager
When talking about top-notch thermal imagers that can help you get accurate examination results from looking through your house’s walls, you cannot fail to mention the Perfect prime IR0018.
- High resolution- If you are a person who loves using thermal imagers with very high resolution, then you should consider purchasing the Perfect Prime IR0018. The Perfect Prime comes with a resolution of 220 X 160. Having such high resolution comes with two benefits. One, you can take thermal images from a far distance. The second advantage is that it gives users thermal images with more details.
- Wide Temperature Range- with this infrared thermal imaging camera, you can detect temperatures as low as -4 degrees Fahrenheit and as high as 572 degrees Fahrenheit. The ability to detect a wide temperature range is why it is preferred in home inspections.
- Forward Look Infrared capabilities- the Perfect Prime IR0018 comes with the FLIR technology already installed in it. This technology helps it to detect infrared radiation. It is because of this that this camera goes by two names, Perfect Prime or a FLIR IR camera.
3. Fluke TIS20 Thermal Camera
Built with a rugged design, Fluke TIS20 is an amazing thermal imager that can be used in any environment to deliver exceptional results. Its fantastic features play a vital role in making this possible. Here are some of the features of the Fluke TIS20;
- IR Fusion Technology- one of the impressive things about the Fluke TIS20 is that its thermal images are very clear. The reason for that is because the camera combines the visible light digital photo and infrared images to obtain the final vivid picture.
- Wi-Fi connectivity- you can connect your thermal imager to your smartphone using Wi-Fi. Such capabilities allow you to transfer thermal images easily and share them with colleagues.
- High resolution- the Fluke camera possesses a resolution of 120 X 90, which is relatively higher than most thermal cameras.
Choosing thermal cameras for a home inspection is a difficult task to do. The task is more challenging for novice users. As a new user, you may be stranded not knowing what to choose or which criteria to use to eliminate each one of them. Well, to simplify things for you can start by looking at the Fluke TIS20. This incredible piece of technology comes with high fusion technology and Wi-Fi connectivity capabilities. You can also consider the Perfect prime IR0018. The device comes with a high-resolution capability and can detect temperature ranges of between -4 degrees Fahrenheit and 572 degrees Fahrenheit.