Torrenting is good. It gives you quick access to online content. It helps you get information easily. However, most countries—especially the US—have stringent laws that regulate the Torrenting of copyrighted content. Besides shutting down sites that promote Torrenting or flout copyright laws, you might be subjected to legal lawsuits and even charged huge fines. However, you can shield yourself from all these issues by using a VPN. Here is all you should know regarding Torrenting—including why you need a VPN.
Free VPNs for Torrenting
Avoid using free VPNs for torrenting. While they might help you overcome geo-restrictions, everything else is just a trap. Using a free VPN for torrenting can be costly. If you’re working on a tight budget, get an affordable VPN that’ll save you substantial amounts of money while keeping your connection fast and secure.
Here are some of the common problems you can face in the event that you choose to utilize a free VPN for torrenting.
- Data leaks – Research shows that 84 percent of free VPNs leak the user’s IP (Internet Protocol) address.
- Malware Attacks – Using a free VPN for torrenting increases your risk for malware attacks. That’s why you need to invest in a reliable VPN service that provides malware protection as one of its features.
- Stolen Bandwidth – Certain free VPNs cleverly work their way around stealing user’s bandwidth which is then resold to third-party groups at a profit.
- HiddenTracking – Free VPNs usually include hidden tracking libraries. Plus, they can sell your personal data or information for their own benefit.
- Browser Hijacking – Some of these VPNs can hijack your browser through the use of JavaScrip codes as well as iFrames.
How to Choose the Best VPN for Torrenting
With copyright violation issues on the rise around the globe, everyone is looking for the best VPN service for torrenting in order to stay safe and secure. Media companies run networks plus monitoring nodes that combine with torrent swarms to collect online users’ IP addresses. To avoid such trouble, you need to invest in a reliable VPN that’ll ensure there aren’t any leaks of your data packets to prying eyes.
However, it’s important to note that not all VPN services support torrenting. Some offer speeds that are too low. But this isn’t an issue with FastestVPN. Not only does it have a clearly laid out policy but it also provides P2P support. Plus, it will help you maintain online anonymity at all times. With a reliable VPN, you can always rest assured that your personal data is safe and fully protected from hackers, as well as, other third-parties. Even more, a VPN will help you watch American Netflix in South Korea and other countries.
The Bottom- Line
You hate copyright-related lawsuits, right? Well, you should. You don’t want to pay huge fines, right? You are not alone. While Torrenting offers an easy way to download content, you might expose yourself to legal issues and privacy-related problems. That’s why it’s advisable to invest in a VPN. The above guide will help you invest in a VPN for Torrenting and stay safe.